Friday 13 June 2014

ENDUBSAR, IT IS JUST A FOUNTAIN PEN!



I started reading The Lost Book of Enki (by Zecharia Sitchin) today. But by the time I read the first chapter, I was shocked enough once more to see how naïve the people in the past were. Because of the lack of technology and knowledge, they misinterpreted the aliens as gods. And we still suffer because of their naivety (I prefer using that soft word). I decided to analyze the chapters one by one after reading. I want to start with some interesting points that will leave you also astonished.

For those who don’t know, the book includes the biography of the god Enki. The entire story which was written on 14 tablets was told by Enki himself and was written by a scribe called Endubsar who was appointed by Enki.

However the oath by Endubsar at the beginning is really absurd to read in our day. Even without my analyze you will be able to see that after reading his words: “I was among the remnants of Eridu who had escaped to the arid steppe just as the Evil Wind was nearing the city… And I looked up and to and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the south. There was a reddish brilliance about it and it made no sound. And as it reached the ground, four straight feet spread out from its belly and the brilliance disappeared. And I threw myself to the ground and prostrated myself, for I knew that it was a divine vision…”

After reading those sentences, I could just say poor Endubsar! It is so clear that he saw a flying object which had lights and smoke around. And its four feet were opened as it landed and the lights were turned off.

He then says “And when I lifted my eyes, there were two divine emissaries standing near me.” And here he thinks that those aliens whom he saw were the messengers of the god, the so called angels.
He is taken then to the plane to be brought to a place where he will write the biography of Enki. He stays there 40 days and 40 nights. Enki says the number “40” is important because it symbolizes his rank among the Anunnaki gods. It is interesting to read that because in many cultures especially in Muslim culture that tradition still goes on. A baby cannot be taken out before he/she is 40 days old or there are weddings which take place 40 days and nights long.

The poor Endubsar is left in a room which he describes as hell as the day although there are no windows and doors. He sees “a divine light” that enlightens the table where he will work. He cannot understand that it is just electric bulb. And I will finish the analysis for today with the incident which I found the most interesting because it proves how those people’s misunderstandings about even little objects (as divine) causes us to suffer under religions today…

After reading Endubsar’s those words (And I see a stylus as I have never seen before, its stem unlike any reed and its tip shaped like an eagle’s talon), I just wanted to invent a time machine, go there and tell him: “Endubsar, my friend, it is just a fountain pen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment